Monday, October 8, 2012

Cold Weather Quick Fix


Happy Monday!  

Is it cold enough outside for you? Apparently we skipped Fall and went straight to Winter between Saturday and Sunday.  

As such, today's post is going to be about one of my favorite beauty products to lock in your skin's moisture during these cold, dreary days.  

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream


This product was a phenomenon to me until recently.  Many of my favorite makeup artists and beauty bloggers were swearing by this product; most of them swore it to be a kit necessity.  In the beauty world, there is often quite a bit of clutter, so to have this product highlighted in such a way made me curious.  Finally, a couple weeks ago, I gave it a try.  Nonetheless, it has traveled between my purse and my kit ever since.  

Classified as a skin protectant, this product has the consistency of Aquaphor, but in my opinion is much, much better.  

Scented with herbs like thyme and rosemary, it wakes up the senses gently (like breathing in the steam of a fresh cup of tea).  

Not only does this product work great on lips to moisturize, it can also be dabbed on the cheekbones or patches of dry skin for instant hydration and glow.  

My FAVORITE thing about this product is the way it can be used as a mixing medium for color cosmetics.  I dispensed a drop of the 8 hour cream on the back of my hand, then using my finger like an eyeshadow brush, I picked up a little of my favorite powder blush. I swirled the blush into the 8 hour cream and voila!  Cream blush!  I then tapped the concoction onto the apples of my cheeks and blended for an ultra natural, gorgeous, and easy pop of color.  The best part is the way your skin will absorb the cream and the pigment, leaving behind no trace of makeup lines and other annoying beauty blunders.  

Hope you'll give it a try!  The 8 Hour Cream is available at Red Door, online, and occasionally at TJ MAXX (shhhh!!)  

xoxo,

Natalie 

No comments:

Post a Comment